What is the purpose of sizing an installation?
The purpose behind the sizing of installation is to fix the modalities of implementation according to technical and financial criteria.
Technical studies concern the design and sizing of photovoltaic fields and system components.
These components are mainly:
– Regulators (or converters)
– The dimensioning allows:
– an evaluation of the energy produced
– Optimization of the PV system taking into account the factors influencing the system (shading, loss of energy, dirt, temperature, ct)
– The sizing aid tools are software like Homer, RETSCREEN, PV-CHART, TRNSYS, etc.
sizing of a PV system requires knowledge of:
– The nature of the installation (autonomous, injection into the network or hybrid)
– The nature of the load and the energy requirements
– The characteristics of PV modules.
– The characteristics of the site (sunshine weather conditions, etc.
– The modes of use of PV modules (fixed or mobile orientation (solar tracking)
-The angle of inclination.
– The technology and characteristics of the storage system (battery)
– Characteristics of regulators
– Characteristics of inverters.
Energy balance of the PV system
a) Simplified design model
Then L = Pc.Ne.Cp
The case design of the most unfavorable case. Here, we size the system considering the case of the month with the lowest solar irradiation.
Medium sizing case: