Constitution of the farm
The Ghardaïa(Algeria) solar farm presents an experimental platform for the development of renewable energies in southern Algeria.
The proposed solar farm essentially contains five types of renewable energy.
- A thermodynamic solar tower with heliostats for the production of steam and electricity.
- A mini thermodynamic power plant with parabolic cylindrical concentrators and Fresnel mirrors.
- A photovoltaic field for electricity production. It will be made up of all types of solar cells (Monocrystalline, Polycrystalline, Amorphous, Thin and bifacial layers, etc.).
- Electrolysers for the production of renewable hydrogen with storage.
- Multi-chapel greenhouses for agricultural applications (solar drying, aquaculture, etc.).
The farm will be entirely supplied by its own production, the excess will be dedicated to injection into the network.