Morocco is endowed with real advantages
Morocco is endowed with real advantages, notably by its strategic position at the heart of an energy hub (connection to the Spanish electricity network by two 400kV / 700 MW lines).
The prospects for the development of the renewable energy sector in Morocco are very favorable thanks in particular to:
- Wind potential estimated at 25,000 MW of which nearly 6,000 MW can be achieved by 2030
- Solar potential illustrated by 3000 hours of sunshine per year and 5 KWh / m2 / day of irradiation
- Significant hydraulic potential for hydraulic micro-plants: more than 200 exploitable sites
- Significant biomass potential
- Highly developed transit energy infrastructure
- An attractive legislative and institutional framework to accelerate the implementation of renewable energy development projects
Wind energy in Morocco is one of the sources of electric power generation in the Kingdom of Morocco, and the total capacity of installed power generators in Morocco is estimated at 275 MW  and 800 MW is being installed.
As part of its energy strategy, Morocco is embarking on a vast wind energy program, to support the development of renewable energies and energy efficiency in the country. The Moroccan Integrated Wind Energy Project, spread over a period of 10 years for a total investment estimated at 31.5 billion dirhams, will allow the country to increase the installed electrical power, of wind origin, of 280 MW in 2010 to 2,000 MW by 2020. 8 The development of 1,720 MW of new wind farms by 2020 is planned as part of the wind project:
- Tarfaya 300 (MW)
- Laâyoune 50 (MW)
- Akhfennir 200 (MW)
- Sendouk 1 (Tanger) 120 (MW)
- Haouma (Tétouan) 50 (MW)
- Sendouk2 (Tanger) 150 (MW)
- Taza (Col Touahar) 150 (MW)
- Tiskrad (Laâyoune) 300 (MW)
- Boujdour 100 (MW)
- El Koudia El Baida II (Tétouan) 300 (MW)
The objectives of the wind program are
- Increase the share of wind energy in total electrical capacity to 14% by 2020
- Achieve a production capacity from wind energy of 2 GW and an annual production capacity of 6600 GWh, corresponding to 26% of current electricity production.
- Save 1.5 million tonnes of oil equivalent in fuel annually, or 750 million US dollars, and avoid the emission of 5.6 million tonnes of CO2 per year.
Hi My name is Abd Allah i am web content creator and renewable energy phd engineer.
I started blogging since 2 years what make me create this blog is the importance of sharing information with readers who love this field, I think i m not the first one who is familiar with this field but every person has his touch.i love nature and i think renewable energy will take over the responsibility of preserving this beautiful world.